By Charles Edge, William Barker, Beau Hunter, Gene Sullivan
A typical false impression within the Mac neighborhood is that Mac’s working method is safer than others. whereas this is able to be actual in some cases, safety at the Mac continues to be an important factor. whilst sharing is enabled or handheld remote control functions are put in, Mac OS X faces numerous safeguard threats.
Enterprise Mac defense: Mac OS X Snow Leopard is a definitive, expert-driven replace of the preferred, slash-dotted first variation and used to be written partially as a significant other to the SANS Institute direction for Mac OS X. It includes distinctive Mac OS X safety info, and walkthroughs on securing platforms, together with the hot Snow Leopard working system.
Using the SANS Institute direction as a sister, this ebook caters to either the start domestic consumer and the pro protection expert now not familiar with the Mac, constructing most sensible practices for Mac OS X for a large viewers.
The authors of this publication are pro Mac and protection execs, having outfitted some of the biggest community infrastructures for Apple and spoken at either DEFCON and Black Hat on OS X security.
What you’ll learn
* the most recent safety options on Mac OS X and Snow Leopard working approach from the easiest and brightest
* the main points of the total Mac OS X Snow Leopard working procedure for the computing device and server, and the way to safe those platforms
* concerns for third-party purposes on structures
* the main points of Mac forensics and Mac hacking
* tips to take on Apple instant safeguard
Who this publication is for
This e-book is for brand spanking new clients, energy clients, and directors who desire to ensure that their Mac platform is safe.
Table of Contents
* defense Quick-Start
* providers, Daemons, and Processes
* Securing consumer Accounts
* dossier process Permissions
* Reviewing Logs and Monitoring
* software Signing and Sandbox
* Securing internet Browsers and E-mail
* Malware safeguard: battling Viruses, Worms, and Root Kits
* Encrypting records and Volumes
* Securing community Traffic
* developing the Mac OS X Firewall
* Securing a instant Network
* half IV: dossier Services
* site Security
* distant Connectivity
* Server Security
* community Scanning, Intrusion Detection, and Intrusion Prevention Tools
* Backup and Fault Tolerance
Read or Download Enterprise Mac Security: Mac OS X Snow Leopard PDF
Similar security books
Imaging for Forensics and defense: From concept to perform offers a close research of recent imaging and trend popularity innovations for the certainty and deployment of biometrics and forensic strategies. those options can be utilized for sensible suggestions to extend protection. the fabric encompasses a selection of the new advances within the expertise starting from thought, layout, and implementation to functionality evaluate of biometric and forensic structures.
E-book by means of
Study on brought on mutagenesis of pulses together with chickpea is much less universal in comparison to the only on cereals and henceforth the current paintings is pioneering within the box. The chickpea is likely one of the greatest grown pulse vegetation in India. the writer hopes that his ebook can assist to increase reports on pulses, and within the long term, to lessen foodstuff lack of confidence and malnutrition persisting in a number of constructing nations
- Critical Security Studies: Concepts And Strategies
- Europe's Foreign and Security Policy: The Institutionalization of Cooperation (Themes in European Governance)
- Hackez Google Android Introduction a la programmation systeme
- Taiwan's Security and Air Power: Taiwan's Defense against the Air Threat from Mainland China (Routledgecurzon Security in Asia Series)
- Getting an Information Security Job for Dummies
Extra info for Enterprise Mac Security: Mac OS X Snow Leopard
Keychain Access options You can create new keychains by clicking Open Keychain Access and clicking the + sign on the next screen. This essentially creates an encrypted file containing other information that needs to be secured, such as cached passwords to web sites. This is similar to an encrypted disk image. The password assigned to each keychain will decrypt the keychain file, thereby unlocking the keychain. Each keychain can and should have a different password. CHAPTER 1: Security Quick-Start Best Practices Here is a quick “cheat sheet” of important practices you should employ in keeping your Mac secure, followed by the chapter numbers that explore these security practices further: Install antivirus software (see Chapter 8).
CHAPTER 1: Security Quick-Start Figure 1–8. Setting the master password At this point, you will be prompted for the password of the account you are currently logged into. You can stop the process of encrypting the user’s home folder and just enable a master password by clicking Cancel, or you can encrypt the user’s home folder by entering the password for the user and clicking OK. Keep in mind that the amount of time the encryption takes depends on how large the home folder is. It can take a while, so be patient.
But what happens when you forget your computer’s password and you are the only one with an account on the machine? There is a system that websites use when users forget their passwords. It’s called a selfservice password reset and can be used to reset a password on its own (usually by answering a secret question on a web prompt and then receiving a new temporary password via e-mail). For a machine with many users, this would certainly be a handy feature to have, and would significantly reduce the volume of calls to the help desk.