From the earliest facts of humankind in Palestine to the institution of the kingdoms of Judah and Israel, the ministry of Jesus, and the increase of the Christian Church, the richly illustrated HarperCollins Atlas of Bible background brings the Bible to existence in all its geographical context. precise biblical references, timelines, and recommendations for extra analyzing accompany every one interval of biblical heritage, conveying a tangible feel of the land, occasions, and folks portrayed within the worlds most renowned publication. With greater than a hundred full-color maps, timelines, and professional factors, this superlative reference paintings will allow readers to extra absolutely enjoy and comprehend the Bible and its stories.
The HarperCollins Atlas of Bible historical past features:
Over a hundred full-color geographical and topographical maps
The newest archaeological info, ground plans, urban plans, illustrations, and inventive recreations of historical life
Charts, graphs, facts, informative sidebars, and more
Detailed biblical references
Timelines that position every one portion of the Bible in its ancient context
Web website techniques for additional interactive learn
Read or Download HarperCollins Atlas of Bible History PDF
Similar history & culture books
To compete successfully in electronic company markets, you want to know how the legislations impacts your electronic know-how business.
The contents contain distinct undeniable English enterprise and criminal tips on:
* highbrow estate for electronic Business
* electronic agreement Fundamentals
* Open Source
* improvement and Consulting
* software program as a Service
* software program Licensing and Distribution
* internet and net Agreements
* electronic Multimedia content material and Distribution
* IT Standards
* net and cellular know-how and content material Deals
* game Deals
* foreign Distribution
* criminal Affairs Management
* varieties Appendix within the e-book and downloadable on-line 38 pattern kinds for bargains and transactions and for the Web
The content material is going from the fundamentals to complex subject matters akin to off-shoring, anti-circumvention, open resource enterprise versions, user-created content material, opposite engineering, cellular media distribution, net and video game improvement, mash-ups, internet widgets, and hugely multiplayer games.
This publication is designed to empower you to:
* comprehend the interplay among legislation, cash and technology
* receive and take advantage of a portfolio of IP assets
* construct and strengthen optimistic relationships with different companies
* Leverage your technologies
* deal with dangers in markets with many uncertainties
* Make higher offers and shut bargains extra quickly
* Act extra decisively and hopefully in felony matters
This ebook will make you a lot smarter approximately recognizing matters, perceiving hazard, pondering strategically, environment priorities and utilizing felony prone successfully and successfully. this can be the main entire layperson's publication at the subject.
* A "need-to-know" criminal better half for these competing in electronic enterprise markets within the US and round the world
* issues out the connection among criminal concerns and company concepts, wishes and goals
* in accordance with 15 years of felony perform in all features of electronic, IT, software program and machine legislation
This expert memoir describes RAND's contributions to the evolution of desktop technological know-how, really in the course of the first a long time following international warfare II, while electronic desktops succeeded slide principles, mechanical table calculators, electrical accounting machines, and analog desktops. The memoir contains pictures and vignettes that show the collegial, artistic, and sometimes playful spirit during which the groundbreaking learn was once carried out at RAND.
Men named Steve, operating in a storage, created a prototype laptop designed to be varied in a fashion nobody proposal attainable: it'd be effortless to take advantage of. these Steves, one now a billionaire and nonetheless on the head of Apple, not just succeeded with that product, yet in addition they broke floor within the company global in methods few proposal attainable: They proved you couldn't purely celebrate at paintings, yet pursuing a capitalist dream might be hip.
A clean exploration of Paul's actions throughout the hidden years of his lifestyles, from his conversion in Damascus to his everyday ministry within the e-book of Acts. With an unparalled wealth of ancient fabric and a reconsideration of Paul's personal writings, a brand new photo of Paul's existence emerges.
- Guide to Discrete Mathematics: An Accessible Introduction to the History, Theory, Logic and Applications
- Die Beschlagnahme elektronisch gespeicherter Daten bei privaten Trägern von Berufsgeheimnissen
- Writing the History of Israel (The Library of Hebrew Bible - Old Testament Studies)
- E-discovery: Creating and Managing an Enterprisewide Program. A Technical Guide to Digital Investigation and Litigation Support
- Constantine Tischendorf: The Life and Work of a 19th Century Bible Hunter
- CoCo: The Colorful History of Tandy’s Underdog Computer
Additional info for HarperCollins Atlas of Bible History
In the 1820s, the Rosetta stone provided Champollion with the key to Egyptian hieroglyphs; Assyrian cuneiform was fairly well understood by 1857, and Ugaritic was read in 1930, just a year and a half after the first tablet was found. Whether written records survive depends on what they were written on. Most literate societies of the ancient Near East left inscriptions on stone, or sometimes on metal. These texts, however, are limited in their subject matter, usually proclaiming the greatness of a king, recording his victories, entreating the favor of a god, or displaying the laws of the land.
The flood story of Gilgamesh and the laws of Hammurabi also attest these links. Abraham’s journey from Ur to Canaan has left no visible traces along the route. For later writers, this memorable trek was an example of a bold adventure in obedience to a divine command.
The account of Paul’s shipwreck shows just how dangerous such travel could be (Acts 27). The following list gives the distances in miles between places mentioned in biblical accounts of journeys, marches, and other movements of people. A selection of distances outside Palestine has also been added to the list to set journeys mentioned in the New Testament in a wider context. Since the routes taken from one point to another are not generally known, distances are those of a straight line. This approximation serves for comparative purposes and to provide an idea of the length of a journey.