By Sameer Hinduja
Hinduja examines the social, mental, criminological, and behavioral elements of web crime. Guided by way of the main sought after basic theories of felony habit, he explores song piracy - an all too-common kind of cybercrime - by way of trying to resolution a few questions. Does rigidity and pressure play a job? What approximately low strength of mind? Is tune piracy realized inside intimate social teams? Do rationalizations and justifications give a contribution to participation? Is the habit bolstered or weakened via rewards and punishments? Hinduja then proposes a version which integrates either "social" and "technical" components to notify and consultant options to strive against song piracy, and very likely different variations of high-tech crime.
Read or Download Music Piracy and Crime Theory (Criminal Justice: Recent Scholarship) PDF
Similar history & culture books
To compete successfully in electronic enterprise markets, you want to know how the legislation impacts your electronic know-how business.
The contents contain specified undeniable English company and felony tips on:
* highbrow estate for electronic Business
* electronic agreement Fundamentals
* Open Source
* improvement and Consulting
* software program as a Service
* software program Licensing and Distribution
* internet and web Agreements
* electronic Multimedia content material and Distribution
* IT Standards
* internet and cellular expertise and content material Deals
* online game Deals
* overseas Distribution
* felony Affairs Management
* varieties Appendix within the booklet and downloadable on-line 38 pattern varieties for offers and transactions and for the Web
The content material is going from the fundamentals to complex subject matters corresponding to off-shoring, anti-circumvention, open resource company types, user-created content material, opposite engineering, cellular media distribution, net and online game improvement, mash-ups, net widgets, and hugely multiplayer games.
This booklet is designed to empower you to:
* comprehend the interplay among legislations, funds and technology
* receive and take advantage of a portfolio of IP assets
* construct and toughen confident relationships with different companies
* Leverage your technologies
* deal with dangers in markets with many uncertainties
* Make greater offers and shut offers extra quickly
* Act extra decisively and with a bit of luck in criminal matters
This booklet will make you a lot smarter approximately recognizing concerns, perceiving danger, considering strategically, atmosphere priorities and utilizing felony prone successfully and successfully. this can be the main finished layperson's publication at the subject.
* A "need-to-know" criminal significant other for these competing in electronic company markets within the US and round the world
* issues out the connection among criminal matters and enterprise techniques, wishes and goals
* in accordance with 15 years of criminal perform in all points of electronic, IT, software program and laptop legislations
This expert memoir describes RAND's contributions to the evolution of machine technology, rather in the course of the first a long time following global conflict II, whilst electronic pcs succeeded slide principles, mechanical table calculators, electrical accounting machines, and analog pcs. The memoir contains pictures and vignettes that show the collegial, inventive, and infrequently playful spirit within which the groundbreaking examine used to be performed at RAND.
Men named Steve, operating in a storage, created a prototype laptop designed to be varied in a manner not anyone notion attainable: it might be effortless to take advantage of. these Steves, one now a billionaire and nonetheless on the head of Apple, not just succeeded with that product, yet in addition they broke floor within the company global in methods few concept attainable: They proved you couldn't merely rejoice at paintings, yet pursuing a capitalist dream might be hip.
A clean exploration of Paul's actions throughout the hidden years of his lifestyles, from his conversion in Damascus to his time-honored ministry within the e-book of Acts. With an unparalled wealth of historic fabric and a reconsideration of Paul's personal writings, a brand new photo of Paul's lifestyles emerges.
- Research Handbook on Electronic Commerce Law
- From the Maccabees to the Mishnah, Second Edition
- On Internet Freedom
- Conversations with a Mathematician: Math, Art, Science and the Limits of Reason
- SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide
Additional resources for Music Piracy and Crime Theory (Criminal Justice: Recent Scholarship)
Com, 2000c). The plaintiffs won the case in 2001 when the court ruled that Napster must block all copyright-infringing files, which effectively led to its demise18. com, 2000b; RIAA, 2000b; Swiatecki, 2000b). Music CDs could be placed in one’s CDROM drive at the home or office, and information would be sent to the web site detailing the artist and album of the particular disc. Then, upon noticing that the end user did in fact possess the physical CD (indicating actual or purported ownership), previously created MP3s of each track were placed in the individual’s personal locker.
Further, the “Beam-It” and “Instant Listening” services were found to facilitate a blatant disregard for the rights of the music industry to control and license the creative content it owns to others (Menta, 2000; MP3 Newswire, 2000). This ruling has served as precedent and shaped the future of online music business ventures by reinforcing the requirement that all delivery of music to the end user requires licensing and permission from the copyright holders. It is perhaps difficult to appreciate the value of intellectual property if an individual is not in an intellectual property-related field.
The first is that the copyright laws were implemented to promote a symbolic purpose and to proclaim a certain value system, rather than as specific delimiters of behaviors that would be punitively addressed. The second revolves around the issue of limited resources and expertise to identify and combat intellectual property violations, coupled with the politically- and sociallymandated focus on traditional personal and private property crimes (to the exclusion of nontraditional forms of illegality).